Monday, September 30, 2013

In a Complicated Relationship

The wake up call came yesterday when my 15 year old "durka"nephew posted "In a complicated relationship" on his Facebook wall. I had barely finished satisfying the rumbles in my stomach when Wham! In a flash, his status was swarming with enquiring comments like ants on sugar. To my utter amazement, he would have made Einstein tear some of his remaining hair with his witty replies! Attaboy, proud to be your uncle on that note!If that was not enough, the evening entertainment was provided by another lovely lady friend. Quietly, up went the status "In a complicated relationship". By night, her status was being probed deep enough to suggest that we could employ a few hands in our CBI to solve its woes of addressing burgeoning number of scams and investigations of our shameless politicos. That our judiciary is inept is an altogether different propostion and for another blog Coming back to the ripples that social media is creating in our day to day lives, its amazing to se that personal information like relationship status are being placed in a complex dimension. Does such a status update mean:

1.My young nephew in one sided love affair
2.He is in an affair but not necessarily love
3.He got a guy (I hear a distant "Nahiiiiiiii" from my Sister)
4.My lady friend at the start of a love bloom
5.She is crying at the end of a failed relationship
6.She has got a girl(She never looked like that of a kid)
7. All those other things that go beyond my mental capacity

Not that I wanna do some deep analysis on this topic but what's the harm in getting the rusty brain a little jog. I did want to raise my hands up and give a "Who on earth cares?" shrug at some point. No point in acting a snob. The holy business of gossip didn't survive because people didn't care. It survived exactly for the opposite reason. So, here comes the dilemma. The status is not informative at all! It doesn't tell me anything and on the contrary, raises too many questions. Wait let me just don my Cape crusader look and become Detective Batman. Or put my Sherlock homes hat and put a tobacco pipe in my mouth.

As I battle my wits out, I realise now much fun my nephew is having . Don't worry I'll figure it out in time. And then do the evil job of informing my cousin sister ! I am left with a wicked smile at the thought of what would follow. Don't worry bhatija...I'll save u this time. Our chacha- bhatija relationship just turned a little complicated :p

2 comments:

Bincy.M.K. said...

Lol a good one Sagar... But really who cares about the complicated relationship..I believe relationships bcome complicated because of the social networking.

neo said...

Oh yes. I agree.Social media can dilute your relationship